Sunday, November 29, 2015

Can you say Food Poisoning?



Minasan, Konnichiwa! (Hello, All of you!)

So this week was sure an interesting one! Monday Night- most of Monday night we went with a member from our ward to a different city in our area to visit some of the less active members. The member ended up getting lost while we were out there, and it took us quite a while to get home! And Japanese drivers really make you car sick, so that wasn't too fun haha! After doing that, we went out to eat, and then met with the 2 sisters that are in our area as well, and did some planning for our area.
Tuesday- So Tuesday, at about 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning, I heard my companion get up and go to the bathroom. He was super sick. Me being the little trainee, I decided to follow in my trainer's footsteps and I woke up sick as well. We spent that whole day inside, studying, sleeping, and watching gospel movies. Later that day, we found out that both of the sisters in our area were also sick with the same thing. And then later, after that, we found out the the branch president's wife, and the 2 other ladies in the primary presidency were sick with the same thing as well. 2 days before, after sacrament meeting, the primary presidency invited us missionaries to eat a bunch of food with them that they made for church that day. We found out that all of us had gotten food poisoning from that food that they prepared! How nice! So that was our day on Tuesday! haha!
Wednesday- We still weren't feeling our best, but later in the day, we were able to go do some dendo (missionary work) with our shibu kaicho (Branch president). Afterwords, he decided to take us to dinner to a place called Osho's (I think that is how you spell it). He bought us huge plates of food. We normally would be super excited to get that much food, but after having food poisoning, that huge amounts of food did not look very appetizing. So that was a struggle, but we did it! We were also able to share a message about the BOM with him and he said that it was perfect timing for that message because it had been on his mind recently/ and he needed to do better at studying the BOM. That made me grateful that I followed the promptings of the spirit.
Thursday-Thanksgiving!!! Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in Japan, so it was just another day for us. Nothing special, but it was still a good day! We met with a recent convert at a fancy cafe, and studied the BOM with her. It really tested my Japanese reading skills, but it was really good practice for me! She is super sweet, and bought us lots and lots of food haha!
Friday- We had district meeting on friday which meant we traveled up to Fukuchiyama. I always love going to Fukuchiyama because it is a little bigger of a city, and thats where Olsen Choro (My really good friend from highschool) and Anthony Choro (My MTC companion) are serving right now. We had a very good district meeting, and then went out to Indo Curry for lunch. Indo Curry is a favorite of missionaries and it is super good! After we got back to Nishiwaki, we road our bikes about 35-40 minutes, uphill, to a different city in our area to meet with one of our investigators. When we finally got there, we found out that he wasn't there, and he wouldn't answer any of our calls. We were really dissapointed. But we knew we were in the area for a reason, so we met with a member family and shared a message, and also did some finding around that area. 
Saturday- We woke up and did study and then went to the church to have a our weekly meeting with our Branch mission leader, Mirata Kyodai. He speaks english, and he is a really hard worker! After the meeting, he asked me if I would share my testimony with him, and something that I learned or did throughout the week. I dont know what I said to him, but it really touched him and brought him to tears. The spirit really touched him and it made me feel like I had finally helped someone here. Mirata Kyodai is someone that I will always have a good friendship with. 
Sunday- Yesterday was our Shibu Taikai (Branch Conference) which meant our mission president and his wife came! Luckily for big meetings, Mirata Kyodai translates, so I actually knew what was going on for once haha. It's funny how when we were in the MTC, we were always worried about the "Poor nihongen (Japanese Person) who didnt know what was going on". Those roles quickly changed when I got to the field. Now all of the Nihongen are worried about the "Poor American who doesnt know what going on because he doesnt speak the language". It really is a humbling experience to come to another country and have no idea what is going on haha! But after we had branch conference, we had a big food party! In Japan, after big meetings, everyone brings food to share, and then you have a good time, eat, and talk to everyone! There was SO MUCH food! And it was Oishie!! (tasty) 
Well, that was pretty much my week this week! When I got to Japan, I started rereading the BOM. I am now in Mosiah, and am loving it! This past week, I have really been trying to recognize and follow the promptings of the spirit. I have studied a lot about that and it is my major focus right now! This week my Ponderize scripture is 2Nephi 32:9 "But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform anything unto the lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the father in the name of christ, that he will consecrate they performance unto thee, that they performance may be for the welfare of they soul." As a missionary, we are constantly praying. I have really gained a stronger relationship with my heavenly father through prayer. Whenever I am in need of guidance or comfort, or if I just need help, I pray. I know that through prayer, heavenly father will answer our prayers. I challenge all of you at home to pray! Pray and read the Book of Mormon!! The Book of Mormon is true! And if it is true, then Joseph Smith is a prophet! And if Joseph Smith is a prophet, he restored the gospel! I know that the book of mormon is true! It is what gives us the fullness of the gospel! I challenge you all to read the Book of Mormon, and when you do, Pray about it!! Heavenly Father will answer your prayers!
Thank you for all of your love and support this week! I hope you all had a very good thanksgiving! Everyone have a safe week this week! 
愛しています(Love you)

エバンズ

At the Shrine

Christmas decorations 


His Desk




Video he sent from the shrine.
For some reason, the videos don't play on my phone,
but they do play on a computer.
oh, and I have no idea how to turn the video upright. sorry! 

At the shrine

No comments:

Post a Comment