Sunday, April 10, 2016

Choose the Harder Right!

 Here he is at the Okayama Mission home.
His Dad's old mission home.
 Obviously very excited about where the Elders stay.


Well it was definitely a strange week this week, but it has been one
of the most spiritually lifting weeks of my mission! Before I talk
about the spiritually parts of this week, I'll share some of the stuff
we did this week. On Thursday, 6 of the elders and sister from our
district came to Matsue so that we could do a blitz. A blitz is where
everyone does missionary work in the same area so that we can
strengthen the area. Since Matsue is in need of investigators we tried
to blitz it. It was a complete fail! It rained hard the whole time we
were on the blitz. There was no one on the street to teach. Out of the
8 missionaries in the area, working for 4 hours, only 5 lessons were
taught and no investigators were found, and we all ended up soaking
wet and tired! It was definitely a disappointment, but we all at least
had lots of fun and made some good memories!
  Directly after the blitz, we all got on a bus and headed down to
Okayama. It was a 4 hour bus ride, but it was beautiful. When we got
to Okayama, we took a train over to the old Okayama mission home,
where my dad served as a missionary ages ago. The Okayama elders live
in the old mission home there, and all of us were having zone training
meeting in Okayama the next day. That meant 20 elders were staying the
night in the Okayama Mission home. It was a lot of fun to spend time
with the other missionaries from our zone, as well as see and stand in
the same place that my dad served as a missionary. What a blessing! We
also received some great instruction from our zone leaders at zone
training meeting.
  On Saturday, we had the opportunity to watch conference! Vui Choro
and I watched it in a tiny computer room in English, while ward
members watched it in the chapel. I wish I could understand Japanese
so I wasn't stuck in a tiny room for 10 hours haha! But conference was
absolutely amazing! Every single talk was something I needed to hear. I
felt the spirit during conference so strong, and I've got to say, the
Mormon tabernacle choir is flawless! They know how to bring the spirit
into a meeting!
  On Sunday, we also watched conference, but before the afternoon
session started, we went with one of our members over to Anzai-sans
house to pick him up to come see conference! Sadly, Anzai got really
sick over the weekend, and wasn't able to come. But our member asked
him about receiving a priesthood blessing, which Anzai accepted. We
were able to give him a priesthood blessing which was amazing. This is
a guy who, a couple months ago didn't even believe in God. Yet, now he
wanted a priesthood blessing. He has come so far, and is really
excited to be baptized. It's so cool to see people who I've had the
opportunity to teach, take steps closer to their Heavenly Father. I'm
truly blessed to be a missionary right now.
    In conference, I loved the words of President Thomas S Monson.
Though they were few, they were powerful. "Choose the harder right".
In the world we live in now, it is hard to choose the right, but I
know that when we do, Heavenly Father will reward us. Nothing worth
having comes easy right? So choose the harder right, and you'll be the
most happiest in the end!
    Also, give my little brother chase a quick happy birthday! His
birthday is this week and he is turning 14 years old! He is getting so
big! By the time I get home, he will be bigger than me! Happy birthday
to him, I hope he has an amazing birthday!
    I love you all, and am grateful for all of your love and support.
I couldn't do it without the support friends, and family at home, as
well as my savior. I hope you all have a fun week, and keep applying
the messages you heard from conference into your daily lives.


Love,
Evans Choro!
エバンス長老🇯🇵

 I asked him to send pictures of cherry blossoms!



No comments:

Post a Comment