Monday, June 5, 2017

Hikari



 Its been a while since I sent out a good email, so I sincerely apologize. Life has been really good lately. We have been working hard and seeing a lot of miracles. This past week was super busy, and we were blessed to have Elder Choi from the Area Presidency come and visit our stake for stake conference this weekend. He talked a lot about member missionary work and how we need to be sharing the gospel everyday, just by the way we live our lives, and by understanding and living the gospel of Jesus Christ. As a mission lately, we have been reading the Book of Mormon together, reading 4 chapters a day studying the gospel of Jesus Christ. Its been a lot harder than I thought it would to stay caught up on my reading, but I have learned so much and it has changed my mission. I think its so cool that we have the opportunity to share the gospel everyday. I cant wait to continue doing so when I get home. 

This past week, I went on splits with Elder Molina. We got a call from a less active member who comes to church with her friend who isnt a member. She told me that her friend has decided to get baptized and wanted to sit down and start the lessons with us. We sat down with these two old ladies and had a powerful lesson on the restoration of the gospel. It was super good, and we are excited to see what happens with that.

We also have been working with a guy named Hikari. He was found by missionaries (My trainer, elder barton) about a year ago. When I first got to the area he wasnt really able to meet with us, but this transfer he has been taking off on the lessons! Ive never seen an investigator change their life around like Hikari has. We finished up his lessons this past week and he had a baptismal interview yesterday which went really well. He will be getting baptized this coming sunday, so we are super excited. His life has turned around quick and it has all been because of the power of the Book of Mormon. Please keep him in your prayers this week as he continues his preparation for baptism. 

In sacrament meeting last week, my friend Seigi shared a scripture that really struck home to me. It was Mosiah 24:14-15 14 "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord."   I know that the lord keeps his promises, and that he is there to comfort us. All we need to do is to ask for his help. He is waiting to help us.

I also wanted to tell my little brother Eric congrats on receiving his mission call to the England, Birmingham mission. You are going to be a great missionary and change so many peoples lives out there. Im so proud of you, and cant wait to see how your mission impacts your life. Watch out England, Elder Evans is on his way!!

I love you all and hope you have a splendid week.

Love, 
Evans Choro 

No comments:

Post a Comment