Thursday, October 15, 2015

Another week in the MTC



Alex with all of the 'Fast Track' missionaries.  These eight are all from Japan, and will only be at the MTC for 2 weeks.   This is what I picture it will be like in Japan.  The tall white redhead with all of the not so tall Japanese people.



Konnichiwa Minasan! 

This past week has sure been an interesting one! I was sick from Thursday til Monday so I spent a lot of time just sitting in bed this week. Which is definitely not what I want to do! I want to be learning and growing and working! Today the Internet has been down so I dont have much time to email but I will try and include everything I wanted to talk about!
Yesterday my zone was able to host all of the new missionaries that came in! The MTC welcomed 419 yesterday. It was kind of emotional for us watching all of those missionaries say goodbye to their families for the next two years. When the first couple of cars drove up I got major chills, and some of the other missionaries did as well. Luckily we were able to put that aside and do what we had been called to do, which means getting those missionaries into the MTC and make sure they felt welcomed! I hosted 4 missionaries. They were going to Denver, Brasil, Panama, and New York. I am excited for all of them and hope they have a good experience in the MTC. 
This week, my companion and I were called as the Zone leaders of our branch. That meant that our job one Wednesday was to welcome the 17 new missionaries into the branch, give them an orientation, answer their questions, and just help them around. We were very nervous to do that but it was a very good experience for me. I had to get out of my comfort zone and introduce myself to each one of them and make sure if they needed anything, they could come to me. They are all amazing missionaries. Anthony Choro and I are excited to serve them everyday and be leaders and good examples to them all.  It is crazy to think that the group that I came in with is now the old group here. It seems like we just got dropped off yesterday, but at the same time, it feels like we were born here. Next week, on Friday we will receive our travel plans and then a week after that we will be flying to an unknown country. I would like to say I know the language. But I don't. But as long as I work hard everyday and learn the best that I can, the lord will bless me. Next Tuesday we have the opportunity of bringing in 12 new missionaries, 9 of which are from Nihon(Japan). They will be a fast track group that will head to Japan with my group. Anthony Choro and I are responsible for translating to them and helping them out during their stay here. That scares me to death because my Nihongo (japanese) is not good. But I am super excited to have that opportunity and I hope it helps me to learn the language a little faster!

I hope everyone is doing well. I pray for you all everyday and I hope you see those prayers in your life. Prayer is so powerful. Turn to the Lord everyday. He will communicate back to us through the scriptures. Make scripture study part of your everyday activities and you will grow so close to our father in heaven and our savior. Thank you all for your love and support! I am so excited to head to Japan in a few weeks! If you have any other questions that I didn't answer, write me and I will be sure to answer them:) 
Love you all! And be safe!
-- 
Elder Alex Evans

                                     His former Zone leader. 

    The 'drying machine' wasn't working, so they made a 'drying machine' with the extra bed in their room.   Evidently he's been speaking another language a lot..... he's never called it a 'drying machine' in his life.  However, I'm not sure that he had ever used one before his mission.  he,he.

No comments:

Post a Comment