Friday, October 9, 2015

Konnichiwa Minasan!! 
Just wanted to let you know that i am doing great. I am sick right now with a deep cough and a major sore throat and a fever. Which is frustrating because i have done so well with washing my hands like crazy because i was worried about getting sick. The mono has made it a little harder of a sickness than usual. 

I hope all is going well for everyone! I hope everyone had the opportunity to watch conference! It was a conference that WILL go down in history and I was lucky enough to watch it from the MTC!! We watched conference in our big devotional room. The seats were super hard (which is a good thing because it helped us all stay awake haha) But conference was amazing. I received so many answers to my prayers and I hope you all did as well. I don't have my conference notes with me right now, but next week I will share my favorite talk that was given. Through conference, they talked a lot about how the gospel is simple. We as missionaries, have a hard time simplifying the gospel sometimes. (Luckily for me, I only know how to say the easy parts about the gospel in Japanese) We need to remember that the people who we teach know nothing about the gospel. So we need to teach it simply! 

It was also cool to see Elder Stephenson get called to be an Apostle. For those of you that don't know, he served his mission in the Japan, Fukuoka mission and then was the mission president for the Japan Nagoya mission and then served as the President of all Southeast Asia including Japan! So he knows our branch president (Daniels Kaicho) very well. He has a special place in all of our hearts here. I'm excited to get to see him serve the lord as one of the lord's servants! 
Thank you all for your letters, your emails, your prayers and support. I couldn't do it without you. I couldn't do it without my savior as well. I know that in this work, I have angels walking beside me. All of us missionaries have the help of others beyond the veil. I know for a fact that this is true. I know that our savior lives. That he loves us, that he knows us personally, and that he knows everything that we are going through. He is our advocate.  He is our brother. If you are preparing to serve the lord in the next couple years, go start learning. Go start reading the Book of Mormon. Study Preach My Gospel. But more importantly, gain a testimony of our savior and of our heavenly father. We use those 3 things every single day. They are essential to missionary work. Heavenly father will answer your prayers. It was taught in conference that if we pray with real intent, and with true faith for an answer, he will give us the answer. 

I love you all and hope you are doing well!!! 26 days until Japan!!! I cannot wait!!!!  
Elder Alex Evans


These two chorotachi are from Japan. They leave on monday for Tokyo and Sendai! Its amazing how much they have taught us. Mimaki-Choro on the left and Kashiwa-Choro on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment