Sunday, March 13, 2016

Next adventure is in.....

Expo City, last week, last p-day in Okamachi

Hello all you people!

This week a lot happened. It was transfer week this week, and I sadly
got transferred. This is already my 3rd area and I'm a 4 transfer
missionary. I really wanted to stay in Okamachi. I really came to love
all of the members, less actives, and investigators that I got to work
with there. I was not expecting to transfer at all, and from what I
heard, I was supposed to stay in Okamachi, and a last minute change
just before transfer calls went out, sent me to a new area. My past
companion called me and said that he knows why this transfer happened,
and he will be emailing me and letting me know sometime today. But
nonetheless, I transferred.

Most of this week was saying goodbye to all of my friends in Okamachi.
Those people are absolutely amazing. They took me out to food, and
gave me little gifts, and were so sweet. They have all changed my life
so much, and I will always remember them. I learned from them how to
forget myself, and work to make other people happy. They were amazing
examples of that. They would always put others before themselves. I am
unbelievably grateful that I was able to serve in Okamachi for 3
months. I wish it could have been longer, but the Lord needs me
somewhere else now!

My new area is across the mission in an area in Okayama zone, called
MATSUE. On Thursday, it took me from 8:45am until 7:15pm to get to
Matsue. I was able to go through Okayama (where my dad served) and
have lunch there. It was super cool to be in a place across the world,
where my dad served his mission. Anyways, My companion is my senpai
(he went into the MTC 6 weeks before me) from the MTC, the one, the
only.... VUI CHORO!!! All you people in America probably don't know
Vui Choro, but all my missionary friends know Vui Choro. He was one of
my favorite people from the MTC. He is an amazing leader and example!
Vui Choro is from Samoa, and is a 5th transfer. He played college golf
at The University of Nebraska. He aspires to go pro after his mission.
I was able to do splits with him about 3 months ago, and now I am
lucky enough to become his companion! We are the only two missionaries
in the Matsue area, which is a little different for me, but Vui Choro
and I have some fun. We are a really young companionship, which makes
for some good times. Our focus this transfer is the ward. Our plan is
to focus on teaching them and talking about the area plan that came
out for the Asia north area. By strengthening them in the area plan,
we know that they will want to share the gospel and that through the
members, this ward will get strengthened. We are working on teaching
35 lessons this week as a companionship, as well as inviting 4 people
to receive baptism. Matsue has so much potential, and now it is our
jobs to get it all together, and we couldn't be more excited.

Yesterday I was able to attend the Matsue ward for the first time.
They are a smaller ward of about 40-50 people. They are all so nice
and welcomed me into their ward with welcome arms. I was able to
introduce myself and meet a lot of new people. We were also able to
have 2 of our investigators come to church this week!

I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve the people of Japan for
these two years. They have taught me so much, and I am truly grateful
for each and every one of them. I am excited for this next adventure
in Matsue with Vui Choro these next couple months! We are working hard
to share Gods love with his children. Thank you all for all of your
love and support! If you have any questions, email me and I'll them in
next weeks email!  Love you all!

Love,
Evans Choro

Funny famous statue in ibaraki, last week on P-day.


Kazutoshi-San! Last time seeing him!

Saying goodbye to some of my favorite people! In Okamachi.


A lake that is right down the street from our apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment