Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas!



Can I just say how much I love Japan? We were able to do a lot of service this past week. One of which was when we went to the church to do a deep clean. When Japanese people clean, they go all out. I was amazed when I saw 3 ladies jump down on the floor and started taking down the Christmas tree. It was the day before Christmas, so I was a bit surprised that they were taking it down so fast. But these ladies removed every individual ornament, unwrapped all of the sparkly glitter stuff, took all of the lights off, and sorted all of the decorations into separate bags. Next they
detached the tree into 3 pieces, stored everything in a
box, and put it all outside. After mopping/vacuuming the area where
the Christmas tree was, they ran outside grabbed the tree and completely reassembled it and put it back in its spot. I was grateful that they weren't done with Christmas THAT fast. The impressive thing is they did all of that in about the same amount of time it would've taken me to pick up the tree with one hand and slide a vacuum under for a quick swipe with the other hand. Japanese people will do 50 times the amount of work thats actually necessary. But they do it in the same amount of time. I sure love it here. 

     It's been fun to get out on the street this week, and share with everyone the true meaning of Christmas and testify of Christ. Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. I have really noticed this year the true meaning of Christmas. And how it is a time for us to truly focus on the savior and give back to him. I love this Christmas season, and I love being a missionary. 

     I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and enjoyed all of your parties and events. Please enjoy this time you have with your family, and turn some of your time over to the Savior and focus on what he has done for you. I love you all and miss you so much. 

Elder Evans 


No comments:

Post a Comment